What’s a vacation if you get back wanting a second holiday due to exhaustion? A vacation should have you checking out feeling more refreshed and relaxed than you were upon checking in.
However, this isn’t always the case. Long flights, poor and stressful logistics during your travel period as well as over-indulging are some of the things that set in the popular traveller’s depression.
Wellness travel promotes the health and well being of the traveller. It connects us to ourselves, other people as well as the surroundings we immerse ourselves in. This type of travel gives one the space to recharge their bodies and nourish their minds through awe-inspiring and rejuvenating activities.
There has been a significant rise on the emphasis of wellness during travel. Packages are being designed with the intention of giving the body and mind rest.
“Travel is not much about getting there as being there, letting your mind catch up with your feet” Bert Archer, Travel writer.
Wellness Travel trips are spearheaded by the following needs:
- Interest in proactive healthcare
- Nature Immersion Getaways
- Active Lifestyle Retreats
- Divorce Retreats
- Wellness Mumcations
- Menopause Retreats
- The New Middle-aged Man Trip
- Fertility Trips
- Sugar Detox
- Sleep Performance Trips
- Silence Retreats
Wellness Travel Activities
When booking your next trip, throw in some mindfulness travel experiences by indulging in one of these activities:
- Yoga Retreat
- Luxury Spa vacation
- Paddle Boarding
- Creative writing
- Wellness festival
Infusing Wellness in Travel
The increase in wellness tourists is making hotels and resorts rethink about their offerings. From the healthy food menus provided to the facilities available, there’s need to incorporate wellness and ensure the traveler’s stay promotes their physical and mental well-being. Here are some of the things hotels are incorporating so as to keep up with this trend:
- Having air purifiers in special hotel rooms
- Organic mattresses for guests to use
- Antimicrobial countertops
- Circadian lighting
- Vitamin C infused showers
The aviation industry alike is not being left behind. Special applications are now available in planes to help reduce jet-lag and trigger meditation sessions while on flight. The Vane Airport Magazine for example primarily focuses on wellness lifestyle at airports.
Our Top 4 Wellness Retreat Hotels in 2018
How to promote personal mindfulness during Travel:
- Get a slower paced itinerary
- Practice meditations during long flights in order to activate your senses
- Have a sense of gratitude towards everything and everyone during your travel
- Be mindful of what you eat and drink and your body will thank you later
- Keep your body hydrated
- Stay active by renting a bike or walking a lot
- Keep snappy moments to a minimum and enjoy the moment itself- not everything should land into your instagram feed.
Our Top 11 Retreat Destinations To Revitalise Your Body